1) Baltimore Orioles – For those who pointed to the run differential last season, they clearly missed the Orioles were second in baseball over the final two months. They have a very good bullpen, good young players, I am looking forward to seeing what Schoop can do after a decent WBC, and a very deep roster. Just like the A’s, they are a team that will get production out of every member of the 25 man roster.
2) Toronto Blue Jays – Clearly the winners of the offseason. They got a ton of talent, but that does not always lead to wins. They will be a very good team, but there are questions about many of the guys they got. Josh Johnson is always and injury risk, however I think he has a good year. I worry about Jose Reyes on the turf. Jose Bautista is up and down. Who knows when Melky Cabrera decides to make another fake website after testing positive and being suspended for a year?
3) Tampa Bay Rays – Solid team, I look forward to seeing if/when Will Myers makes his debut and what he can do. They are the Rays. Good pitching, solid defense, versatile ballplayers, somehow end up with 85-90 wins. Enough said.
4) Boston Red Sox – I hated their offseason. Victorino was terrible, Napoli’s hip scares me, where did the pitching support come from? Hanrahan? Really? There is one good thing for the Red Sox…Bradley Jr. should be fun to watch.
5) New York Yankees – They will be terrible!!!! They lost all their home runs. They have a better roster on the DL than on the field. Sabathia is due for a regression. No prospects to write home about. The Yankees will lose 90+ games this year.